Fatal Work Accidents
- How do fatal injuries happen in New York? – We explore the many causes of workplace injuries and the severe accidents that lead to wrongful death.
- Many Construction Site Accidents Are Fatal – The severe accidents that occur on a construction site are statistically more likely to result in fatalities.
- Higher Work Injury And Death Rates For Latino And Immigrant Workers – Is there a measurable discrepancy between races in workplace injuries and death?
- Two Construction Workers Die In Manhattan Accident – In a horrifying example of catastrophic workplace accidents, two construction workers die.
- Safety Efforts Decrease Construction Fatalities – By following specified guidelines and seeking out the proper safety gear, workers can minimize their exposure to danger.
- 2009 Worker Fatalities Lessen As Fewer Have Jobs – The economy has an unintended impact on workplace fatality statistics.
- Study: Injured workers frequently fail to receive needed compensation – It’s not uncommon to rely on a lawyer to fight for your compensation.
- What Benefits Are Available To Injured Workers In New York? – A workers’ compensation attorney can explain your benefits and what steps you need to take.
- Social Media’s Increasing Role In Workers’ Compensation Cases – Does your social media presence help or hinder your chance of recovering workers’ compensation benefits?
- Temporary Work Results In Lasting Danger – Even temp workers can get hurt – some catastrophically.
- Study Finds Lump Sum Settlements Help Workers Return To The Job – Are there differences in recovering a lump sum over an annuity?
- Recent Changes To New York’s Workers’ Compensation Guidelines – Read our article to learn more about these recent changes and what they might mean to your case.
- NY Man Awarded Workers Comp For Break Time Injuries – Can you receive benefits if you were injured while technically off the clock?
- Third Party Claims For Workplace Accidents: Beyond Workers’ Comp – What is a third party claim and how does it impact your case?
- Workers’ Compensation Experts To Gather In Florida – What is the agenda for this meeting, and how are they going to change the way these cases are handled?
- Domestic Workers May Now Claim Workers’ Comp in New York – Read here to learn more about recent changes to workers’ compensation laws.
- Workers’ Compensation And Social Media Sabotage In New York – Be careful! Social media might be working against you.
- Congress Examines Workers’ Compensation: Is Reform Coming? – Read here to learn more about the changes that might be on the horizon.
- Arrests Ruin The Charade Of Workers’ Comp Fraud – Fraudulent workers’ compensation claims are a growing concern.
- The Wisconsin Labor Union Battle’s Implications For New York – What can be expected from Wisconsin’s recent legal battles?
Workplace And Offsite Vehicle Accidents
- Serious Truck Crashes Pose A Growing Threat To New Yorkers – Motor vehicle accidents can result in catastrophic injuries and devastating property damage.
- Sanitation Worker Hit By Minivan – When you’re just doing your job, and get hit by a vehicle …
- New Trend Finds Women Get More DUIs – There are numerous causes for this increasing trend. Click here to learn more.
- New York Workers’ Compensation And The Mobile Worker – With the proliferation of mobile technology, workers are now more than ever on the move.
- Construction Site Hazards Prevalent In NYC – Construction sites throughout the five boroughs can be hazardous places to work.
- New York Nurses Cope With Workplace Risks – Nurses face a dangerous environment every day of the week.
- Workplace Violence And The Risk Of Injury On The Job In New York – Workplace violence can lead to serious injuries.
Work-Related Injuries And Illnesses
- Life after a spinal cord injury in New York – Even minor spinal cord damage can result in loss of motion or sensation.
- 6 tips for preventing New York scaffolding accidents – Falls from height remain a large percentage of construction accidents in New York. Read on to learn more about staying safe.
- New York Police Officers On Night Shifts At Higher Risk Of Injury – Dangers that the NYPD faces every hour of every day … but nights are the worst.
- Human Hormone Study Focuses On Brain Injury Treatment – Brain injuries – whether the damage is to structure or function – can be life-changing.
- Back Injuries In The Workplace – Back injuries can impede your ability to maintain gainful employment no matter the physicality of your job.
- New York Lawmakers Debate Reforms To Scaffolding Law – Falls from scaffolding or scaffold collapse remains a significant percentage of construction site accidents.
- Medical And Wage Coverage For Worker Injury Or Illness In New York – What benefits can a worker expect after being injured or contracting a work-related illness?
- Why Is Wal-Mart Spending Millions To Fight A $7,000 Fine? – OSHA and Wal-Mart Stores are battling over a “Black Friday” that left a temporary worker dead.
- Consequential Injuries In New York – Additional injuries might be suffered as a result of the original injury. Discuss this possibility with a skilled workers’ compensation lawyer.
- The Injuries That New York Construction Workers Bravely Risk – Construction sites remain one of New York’s hottest danger zones.
- New Jersey Court Allows Injured Worker To Sue Employer – Before making any legal decision, it is crucial that you get as much information as possible.
- Worker Accidents Show The Importance Of Following NY Safety Regulations – Occupational regulations and safety gear exist to minimize your exposure to serious injury.
- Failure To Follow Safety Rules Causes Tragedy in Tarrytown – When workers ignore or find work-arounds to safety rules, tragedy can occur.
Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI)
- Compassionate Allowances Program Ensures Timely SSD Determination – Learn more about the Compassionate Allowances Program and how it might impact your situation.
- Proposed Law May Negatively Impact Mental Health Disability Claimants – While the proffered revisions are vague, they might ultimately require claimants to undergo standardized testing.
- Privatized Social Security? The President Says Absolutely Not – Bipartisan compromises might be necessary to revive the troubled Social Security system.